- ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cups powdered sugar, for rolling
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest and mix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except powdered sugar) until just combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a shallow dish. Take a part of the dough, roll it into a walnut size ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining dough.Bake in 350 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies begin to barely brown. Cool cookies before removing from baking sheet.