- 3 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 & 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 ounces Werther’s Original® Baking Caramels (about 30 caramels)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sea salt, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
Whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
Place eggs in a bowl. Place coconut in another bowl. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Dough will be crumbly.
Using a tablespoonful of dough at a time, press the dough in your hands to form balls.* Roll each ball in beaten egg, and then roll in coconut…
View original post 146 more words